Bodybuilding Arena By Sean Toh

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Fatherhood doesn't slow Mr. Universe Ahmad Haidar down.



Learn how he keeps training and nutrition in check and still has time for his family.

5 Questions With Mr. UniverseAhmad Haidar

[ Q ] What year did you turn Pro and besides competing how do you earn a living?

A: I turned pro in 1997 by winning the world championship light/heavyweight and overall, now I have SAN nutrition as my sponsor, it is a great company; they have the best supplement nutrition.

[ Q ] You are known for having the Best Abs in the business, do you do anything special? If not how do explain your Ab development?

A: I like doing abs a lot because I enjoy it; I train my abs 3 or 4 times a week doing lots of crunches and legs raises with weight and high reps.

[ Q ] Do you think the industry is changing to physiques like yours (smaller, proportionate and symmetrical?)

A: I have been hearing things like that for a long time, but it looks like they still want to pick the big guys.

[ Q ] Being a father, has it changed your daily routine and can you explain a "Day in your Life?"

A: Being a father is the greatest thing to happen to me. It is wonderful to see your child growing every day and following them step by step. My day starts at 7am - I wake up have 2 capsules of Tight, take my girl Leah to school then to the GYM to do my cardio and Abs workout.

I come back home drink the Infusion shake then play with my son Ali - he is almost 7 months. Then my wife Magey prepares my food for the rest of the day. I take them and go to the Powerhouse GYM in west Palm Beach to train some people and myself and come back home at 8pm.

[ Q ] What is your strength against bigger guys and what do you need to work on most to improve?

A: My strength is that I have a good symmetry and always come to a show in great condition, I been working on my back and my arms - my back and arms are getting better.

Shawn Ray